The busiest shopping week is nearly here! This year, the window between Thanksgiving and Christmas is nearly a full week shorter - which could actually be a "win" for people looking for the best deals and discounts. Jennifer Jolly is here to answer this holiday's biggest questions.
WHAT IS YOUR #1 TIP FOR NAVIGATING THE BUSIEST SHOPPING TIME OF THE YEAR?
"Stay home! Ditch the doorbuster drama and crowd-chaos this year and let your fingers do the shopping! With the shorter holiday shopping season, retailers are rolling out Black Friday-worthy deals earlier.
We have a ton of examples here from eBay – just this one e-tailer alone is offering major savings every day of the entire holiday weekend, with new deals launching EVERY HOUR on Black Friday and on Cyber Monday."
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST DEALS YOU'RE FINDING ONLINE?
"We’re seeing up to 80% off all kinds of great gifts on top brands, starting on Thanksgiving through Black Friday and Cyber Monday. eBay deals here include everything from saving $100 dollars on top Bose Noise Cancelling headphones – to discounts on coveted Apple gadgets - which rarely get marked down.
We’re also seeing some great gaming bundles including: $100 off the super popular PS4 Pro + Fortnite bundle and $100 off the Xbox One S Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle.
There are some awesome smart home bundles this year: save over $100 on the Nest Thermostat + Google Mini bundle.
If you’re looking to secure amazing tech savings, be sure to jump on these fast – LG 65” 4K OLED Smart TV at 62% off (that’s more than $2,000 off), Dell Inspiron Laptop (17.3”) under $500 (31% off) and this one’s huge - Google Home for $45 (that’s 55% off).
This classic KitchenAid Mixer and Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker – both over 50% off."
WHAT ARE SOME BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY HACKS?
"Shop on Thanksgiving Day! You’re more likely to land the day’s deals as there is less competition. Less than 30% of people plan to shop on Turkey Day, compared to 70% percent on Black Friday. But – If you aren’t able to get your hands on one of these early standout deals, keep your eyes open for additional savings announcements this season. This is stacking up to be one of the most competitive seasons ever.
Another insider tip here? eBay has one of the best price-matching policies on the planet. It’s called Best Price Guarantee – you’ll get 110-percent of the price difference back if you see an item for less on a competitors’ website.
Follow your favorite brands on social media and monitor your phone or PC for “flash sales”!"
WHAT ARE SOME MORE MUST-HAVE GIFTS? CAN WE GET DISCOUNTS THERE TOO?
We’re seeing some really fun trending gifts on sale right now AND you can get rare and retro items on eBay so there’s definitely something for everyone on your list.
- Retro consoles and games are super hot this year. eBay’s told me they’re seeing major upticks in sales for the Nintendo 64, Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite, and one of my annual fave’s – the Mini My Arcade Machine. You can actually play Pac-Man on it – and we expect to see it on sale for under $30.
- This Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer was on my list of favorite gadgets last year and will be making a comeback this year as well – expect almost half off (under $250).
- L.O.L Surprise Dolls continue to be one of the top-selling toys and parents – you can get deals on these dolls and many more this week -- up to $20 off.
- Air fryers are one of the most wanted kitchen gadgets, and this Ninja Foodie, which is a pressure cooker and air fryer in one, will be half off (that’s about $100 savings).
- Lastly, given the major blockbusters coming out this holiday, anything Frozen 2 and Star Wars – whether it’s a collectible item or the latest toy – are must-haves.
To shop eBay’s best deals on the hottest gifts of the season, visit eBay.com/Deals.